Sunday 10 October 2010

Peoples Vienna: Diana


Name: Diana 
Age: 24 
Occupation: Student of translation


Why Vienna?: 

It was the next best city that was big enough to be exciting for a small-city-girl, and at the same time close enough to home and family. 

In which district you live?:

17th district


Favourite place in Vienna?:

I like the Donauinsel and the parks in summer. You can meet friends, have picnics or laze around with a good book all day. In autumn it's great to just take one of the trams and drive to the outskirts of the city, where the hills are on fire with colour and the air is so clear you can see for miles across the city. And around Cristmastime I absolutely love the 1. District with its colorful and festive lights.


Favourite place to shop?:

Zara, Mango - hands down. I like it for the basics. Of course I can't afford everything I'd like to, so its often one piece from there, combined with eyecatching accesories found at the various fleamarkets.


Favourite place to party?:

I'm not that much of a party girl but when the mood strikes I like to start out with a glass of wine at the 'Bonboniere', a tiny atmospheric bar,with a piano player. Then we're often off to the gay party HOMO in Heaven an event that takes place at the Camera Club every saturday with differently themed parties. It's great for letting loose any inhibitions one might have. Of course there are also the college parties that are great fun for meeting people and getting drunk ;)


Youre playlist at the moment?: 

30 Sec. to Mars - Call to Arms
Mika - Over my Shoulder
Kings of Leon - On Call
Scissor Sisters - Almost Sorry
Scissor Sisters - Invisible Light



What would complete Vienna for you?: 

If my sister were here, and a 'Zara Home' would be great :) Other than that, I pretty much love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment