Thursday 14 October 2010

Interview with Tamara Mascara and Edgar Retro



How did you get the idea to organize your own party HOMO during the heaven clubbing every saturday at camera club in the Neubaugasse?:
 

Tamara: 
We met a few years ago at a party and became friends. Soon we wanted to make a own clubbing in Vienna and the idea of HOMO was born. First we did the HOMO clubbing only once a month, at club massive, but it was more like a private party for friends. 
Edgar:
And then we recived the offer from the camara club, and we said yes...
 

What's HOMO in heaven clubbing at Camera Club?
 

Tamara:
It's about the mixture of fun and trash for a large crowd, always with funny topics (some of them controversial). For example; there is the hip hop and rap scene, which is actually not very pro gay ... so we take this topic and make a mockery of it - Edgar as a macho pimp and me as his ghetto chick ... but in the HOMO way ;-) 
Edgar:
Trash!! To do what we feel like; having fun, have some drinks, combined with cool costumes and good music! It's just our little club fantasy where we can shake off and share it.

Where do you get your ideas for the topics?
 

Tamara:
Just everything that is fun for us and is processed without mercy. 
Edgar:
Yeah, we always brainstorm in good company
and think of our childhood dreams.



Which music do you choose for your clubbing?

 

Tamara:
It's mostly personal taste and of course always some candies for the guests. 
Edgar:
Taff techno, hard electro and lots and lots of trash! I just listen to what people want, so they get it very quickly.


HOMO in heaven is the place to be on saturdays, but where do you like to party on your own?
 

Tamara:
I like the rhinoplasty at club U very much, we also have worked with them. 
Edgar: 
Exactly, rhino is super! j'adore!
I also like to go to the club prater sauna, the planetarium and sometimes also meat market at badeschiff.
And on mondays I am of course at my own party at club flex.



What's missing in the Viennese Night Life?
 

Tamara:
Tokyo decadence parties!! And sometimes a little bit more courage from the party guests in terms of costumes at least, because some themes are very simple, but just a few dare. 
Edgar:
More crazy people like us!


Why Vienna?
 

Tamara:
Small is beautiful? 
Edgar:
Because I was born here and to migrate is soooo very exhausting!


Gay in vienna: fun or stressful?
 

Tamara: 
I have learned that it depends very much on which district of Vienna you move trough. In the inner districts, like the very popular 5th, 6th and 7th, it is usually totally ok to be gay. But in the "working class" districts on the outskirts, like Simmering (11th) walking around in shopping malls or waiting for the tube it is still very difficult . 
Edgar:
Exactly, it really depends on the location but generally it is pleasant to live in Vienna. I mean sure, the people in Berlin or London are more tolerant but I'm glad we are not pelted with stones at rainbow parades like somewhere else.

 

How would you describe your personal style?
 

Tamara: 
My personal style is actually very classic, because I love the 50s and the former beauty ideal most. If I need to be dressed for a particular topic, I find most of my inspirations in fashion books. Generally, I find inspiration almost anywhere: in movies, in music, in art, in the colors of nature, in other people...anything can inspire! 
Edgar:
Made in the 80's!! I just love the 80's style, there is nothing like it. But I also enjoy taking styles from film stars or musicians I like. The rest of my inspiration I get by the current trends on the catwalk. 

Are there any other plans besides youre HOMO clubbing?
 

Tamara:
Yes! Every first and third thursday in a month I have my own clubbing at Market Club called 'Lashline'. And every wednesday evening I am on the turntables of the café Flex.
Edgar:

My party 'so messed up' every monday at the Flex and various other club gigs in Vienna and abroad.

 

You're top play list at the moment?
 

Tamara: 
Hmm.. hard to say. It depends on the atmosphere, sorry. 
Edgar: 
  • Dirty Doering - I would
  • Frauenarzt - Arsch und Titten
  • Slade - cum on feel the noize
  • The Hollies - crimson and clover
  • super flu - yours opa

Your message to the world?
 

Tamara: live and let live. 
Edgar: Go HOMO!


1 comment:

  1. Saunas are superb. Concur along with you. Good for well being and spirit. saunajournal.com

    ReplyDelete